Thursday, October 19, 2006

The french and the samurais

This charming drawing is a stereotyped gay french man, an artiste if you will. It was orginally for a friend of a friends film company called 'No-ART Films', and i quite liked the head sketch i did so i did a full size one, the gayness I threw in because i dislike pretentious people as a whole anyway. His stance is kinda fun to draw, i start off drawing a woman and just remove the boobs! he also has a cheeky look as if hes saying "Oh You!"

And here is the orginal drawing i did for them, inked in ps like months ago! I like the full siz one more but seeing as none are being used I can honestly say they are not my best work!


Last and not least, with my dissertation on Kurosawa and the upcoming screening of Seven Samurai, Ive revisited my love for his films, and thus cant get samuaris outta my head. I did this sketch in about 10 mins of a still from seven samuari, I quite like it, especially the 2nd from the lefts face, have a look its funny!! Might do some more samurai related stuff for awhile cuz its fun!

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home